let's hope they at least make something really nice and not just another big building. maybe even something to honor the original building.

debate

at 11:30 - 19th, December 2008

The semester is over, I have time on my hands, and feel like some impulse buying.. the bad thing (or probably good thing in my case) about CDMA cell phones is that you can't change them every 3 months.. fuck you virgin mobile

so the question of the day is Xbox 360 or PS3 ?

I can't make up my mind. I really want to play GTA4, and eventually FF13 .. both titles are (or will be) available on either platform. My laptop isn't powerful enough for GTA4

Pros & cons of 360:
- cheaper
- older

Pros of PS3:
- backwards compatability (i need to play FF12 & emulators aren't powerful enough)
- newer

I'd also like a Wii, but only for the new Megaman .. which definitely doesn't warrant spending for a new console

HALP!

News comment 1 | User comment 1159 | 12:04 - 19th, Dec 2008

Megaman is available via every console so no worries on that.

PS3 will have GTA IV however without DLC. So expansions to the story you will never experience. Also with PS3 they are removing backwards compatibility. Not sure if they have completed this yet. Any future BC will come from software emulation. I can understand you wanting to play backlogged PS2 games. Totally onboard with you on that.

XBOX right now for $299 at Toys R Us I believe or Future Shop will next you the 360 Pro and 4 free games. Age really has nothing to do with it as the system is selling hot and will be on the market for another 3-4 years. Graphics are comparible and in a lot of cases better then the PS3.

PS3 you have more of an engine under the hood however nobody read the manuals on it so the engine is only

News comment 2 | User comment 1159 | 12:06 - 19th, Dec 2008

going so fast. Free online multi player though if thats your cup of tea. However the game selection exclusive wise is poor. MGS is rumored to go 360 bound at some point. FF13 is a go to be ported. So really your not missing much. I would seriously recommend you saving some cash and going 360. You will get more bang from your buck and with your savings you are sure to get a bunch of cheapy games both new and used that are most excellent.

News comment 3 | User comment 1033 | 12:29 - 19th, Dec 2008

I remember reading somewhere that the reason the PS3 wasn't performing much better than the xbox was because of a bottleneck at the video card. Sure you have alot of prcessor, but a good GPU is just as important. Plus if you really wanted to play ff12, you can buy a plastation 2 and an xbox for the same price as the PS3.

The PS3 only does software emulation for all games, they took out the PS2 chip over a year ago to drop the cost of the console. A lot of games don't work and i remember hearing about longer load times. None of the games that came out after the ps3 came out will not work with the PS3 because they stopped adding software emulation for the new stuff.

News comment 4 | User comment 1033 | 14:00 - 19th, Dec 2008

Just checked wikipedia and it looks like any PS3 produced after october 2007 no longer supports ps2 games. There's a table with the different models

News comment 5 | User comment 1159 | 14:10 - 19th, Dec 2008

I got the MGS edition which was actually the last models to roll out with BC software wise.

News comment 6 | User comment 1292 | 17:19 - 19th, Dec 2008

interesting guys .. so pretty much what you guys are saying is that its pointless to buy a ps3

News comment 7 | User comment 4876 | 19:18 - 19th, Dec 2008

in my opinion, right now it is pointless to get a ps3. the price is too high, the games just aren't there yet and hell, you could get a wii and 360 for the price of the ps3 still. though carl will even argue against wii.

maybe in a year when the ps3 after two price drops i'll think seriously about the ps3. but for now no. especially since we have a ps2 and if it stops working i can pick one up super cheap.

News comment 8 | User comment 1159 | 16:13 - 21st, Dec 2008

Well the Wii has some gems however your fun gaming will last a good month or two and then you wait...for hope lol

News comment 9 | User comment 4876 | 17:19 - 21st, Dec 2008

granted, i barely touch the wii anymore (almost said 'my wii' lol...)
but that's not to say that's it's because of lack of shit to play. vikie takes up most of my time when i'm at home and not doing my work out or chores around the house.
plenty to play now and plenty on the way, especially thanks to sega, which is a funny thing to say

News comment 10 | User comment 1159 | 7:28 - 22nd, Dec 2008

Well it really depends your type of gaming. You looking for hardcore mature games you have under a handful maybe coming out on the Wii. The rest is puzzle games, ports of GC games, etc.

Mine has collected dust since...may I believe. I just think most things that have come out thus far are just craptastic. And the games I would enjoy and specifically enjoy only are just...yeah.

But in the end it all comes back to what exactly tickles your fancy.

News comment 11 | User comment 1159 | 9:16 - 22nd, Dec 2008

Oh and I would not credit Sega for the Wii as their games have been blasted as being shoddy as well. The Sega of now is not the Sega of old. They are in trouble like other studios and could go the way of a buyout / merging to save their skin. They have tried reinventing their Sonic franchise about 3 - 4 times now and have failed each time. The sales are not there and I am not sure they have the courage to call it quits and move on to some new IP that are refreshing.

News comment 12 | User comment 4876 | 0:14 - 25th, Dec 2008

so did you get any andy?

Deb Deb
News comment 13 | User comment 352 | 1:18 - 25th, Dec 2008

I personally love the wii.. Then again it services my quirky game sense anyway.. I am not hard core like you guys. As a mother it has more non-violent games for Bry. I also love that I can get the games from my childhood. I am a sucker for Mario! HEHEH

News comment 14 | User comment 4876 | 8:22 - 28th, Dec 2008

still no reply from andy. which one did you get dude?