I'm not sure I like him either.... something strange there! LOL

Hey __________, Watcha Playin?

at 13:43 - 2nd, October 2009
Yea i found a couple new hey ash watcha playing, but that would be for another post.
this one is about what you're currently playing at home or on the go.
i know carl is on his ps3 playing resistance, and gave up on ninja gaiden.
myself, i'm enjoying dawn of discovery when vikie isn't on it.
at some point i'm going to get back to madworld, then move onto little king story or deadly creatures. depending on what i feel like. i'm also going to need to pick up another 2 or 3 wii games, lots of good cheap stuff out there now and new stuff coming out all the times.

• Alex

Machinarium

Looking for puzzlequest galactrix for wii
can't find any info on it, checked futureshop/bestbuy, checked gamestop/eb, tried amazon a...
Life Online or Unplugged?
I hate to embed a fox "fair and balanced" debate on the site but this actually sounds fa...
Wii price drop to 199
With the PS3 hitting $299 sales have literally gone through the roof. and to be quite hone...

Cliff Cliff
News comment 1 | User comment 176 | 15:30 - 2nd, Oct 2009

I am playing the new totally awesome Batman: Arkham Asylum, Definitely worth the buy. Mark Hamill is the voice of Joker, and the guy who did the voice for the animated show is doing the voice for Batman. It is almost worth picking up an Xbox just to play this game. Next I will be attempting Band of Brothers: Hell's Highway.

News comment 2 | User comment 4899 | 15:34 - 2nd, Oct 2009

band of brothers?

that reminds me, i need to pick up the dvd's of band of brothers at some point. still haven't seen it :(

i've only heard good things from everyone who has played batman. i definitely want it

Curt Curt
News comment 3 | User comment 281 | 15:35 - 2nd, Oct 2009

Amanda and I are tromping through Gears of War 2 after recently finishing the first one. I've also been playing tons of Rock Band 2, as always. I'm slogging through Halo 2 (or as I lovingly call it Teh HALOZ). I've been playing the demo for Forza Motorsport 3 over and over again in eager anticipation for the game's release at the end of the month. And as far as upcoming releases are concerned, Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, and the aforementioned Forza 3 are high on my radar.

I concur with Cliff on Batman: Arkham Asylum. That's the forerunner for Game of the Year, in my opinion. Brilliant, brilliant game.

Curt Curt
News comment 4 | User comment 281 | 15:35 - 2nd, Oct 2009

Cliff means Brothers in Arms, not Band of Brothers. It's an easy mistake to make.

News comment 5 | User comment 4899 | 15:41 - 2nd, Oct 2009

oh, it's not band of brothers, it's borthers in arms
i have the original remake for wii
intereasting idea for gameplay
not exactly rts or fps but a mixture of both

News comment 6 | User comment 1159 | 20:44 - 3rd, Oct 2009

Yeah I think Ninja Gaiden will be an on and off again love affair. Great game but loadings times are horrendous. But for those with 360 I suggest the xbox original without the problems. I started playing Resistance which is a good FPS. It's a better story then I thought it would be. I think Mirror's Edge is next on my list. I also got the artsy game / art piece Linger in Shadows. It's not anything serious but heard it was a pretty awesome piece of download off PSN. I also have Fat Princess which I heard was awesome so going to play that as well.

News comment 7 | User comment 1159 | 9:45 - 5th, Oct 2009

Played Fat Princess last night. Awesome game. Very pick up and play. It's like capture the flag but instead you have to capture the princess. You then feed her pieces of cake when she is ack at your fortress. It's insanely fun. I played over wireless N and wicked service to boot.

News comment 8 | User comment 4899 | 10:21 - 5th, Oct 2009

fat princess has always intrigued me. ever since the feminists got involved in the game and started complaining about feeding a princess cake to intentionally make her fat. the graphics also look lovable for such a violent and bloody game.

vikie finished dawn of discovery's story mode yesterday and apparently i'm on the last level. it has a continuous play mode which seems interesting but i have no idea about it. must be something like, go to this island and settle it, go to that island and settle it. build up an army and conquer the opposing teams islands.
maybe there are different modes, like who can make the most money the fastest. who can bring the highest population and who can get the largest army. i would imagine that would be included in the game. small things like that make a game great.

there's also a multiplayer mode, but from what i've seen there's no online, so it must be split screen. maybe coop, maybe not. will giving it a shot when i have a chance.

News comment 9 | User comment 1159 | 10:51 - 5th, Oct 2009

Yeah I started on Mirror's Edge. I like the style and the story is pretty cool. Though I find it funny that on every building their are intricately placed wood planks for jumping. I just assume that the runners as they are called put them there which helps with the belief in all this. But it's a great concept for a new IP. It's going to be a short one though since I am already a quarter through the game and only like 8 chapters I think. Music is also very awesome.

News comment 10 | User comment 4899 | 11:37 - 5th, Oct 2009

there was a stage editor in that though if i'm not mistaken.
mirror's edge is one of those games i have to try because it's new a refreshing.

any motion sickness with it? and what console you playing it on?

News comment 11 | User comment 1159 | 12:02 - 5th, Oct 2009

Playing it on PS3, it's absolutely gorgeous. Controls are very tight so perfectly designed.Aside from the whole suspension of disbelief thing which is really being picky for the sake of being picky, most places are designed in a high end european design. Every interior has to be a neon color, most buildings need to be pure white. A little variation in there would have been good.

News comment 12 | User comment 4899 | 13:53 - 6th, Oct 2009

man, the last level in dawn of discovery is tricky
no resources and demands of the populace seem much higher

News comment 13 | User comment 1159 | 14:06 - 6th, Oct 2009

Reminds of me Dead Rising in a sense. You have nothing except fist fighting the final boss. You can trail your moves but the guy is cheap. Always grabs you and snaps your neck or drain 3/4 of your health. I had to essentially spam him with jump kicks and run away all the time. Was not a very good end boss at all. I don't mind challenging but it wasn't even fun.