and the random image section, even the portfolio section hasn't been updated to this new layout yet. only one man ;)

Favorite Story from E3

at 10:26 - 5th, June 2009
So E3 is almost finished and everyone is asking the question, who won?
vg247 says MS won because of the shear caliber of their games plus the cherry on the top: Project Natal.
sony came in second, the games look great and the eye toy motion sensor looks interesting
nintendo came in 3rd because they just don't seem to be trying anymore. with a new metroid dev'd by team ninja and 2 new marios you'd think it'd be enough for more but alas it isn't. and i agree with them, aside from those 3 things and the vitality sensor (i think they actually deducted points because this thing) everything else in the show was already shown, either the day before at e3 or last e3.

carl i think carl said something on the lines of, this is just a recap of last years e3 for nintendo. it's true too.

i would of loved to see something new, and not just another version of an existing game, i want something entirely new.

anyway, i'm not asking who won, i'm asking what was your favorite thing out of this e3.

mine wasn't a single game, but it was the fact that both MS and Sony are getting into motion detection. i think it will definitely change the way we do things. and with the imminent release of WMP for the wii, things will be getting interesting.

• Alex

News comment 1 | User comment 1159 | 12:30 - 5th, Jun 2009

Yeah I think Nintendo's performance was a bit better then last year but not by much. I would like to see new IP from them. Sure I want more mature games but I will even take a teen adventure game. Just something more then Mario (insert number). Metroid look awesome but I am worried the Team Ninja might over sex it. Glad to see a 2d Mario but not sure about 4 players though. It worked for Zelda but no sure about this. Mario is typically more fast paced. I don't want to wait while someone is catching up. We'll see. And yeah the vitality peripheral is just...

MS did good but they also had announcements that were leaked / already announced. It was a trend all three had which annoyed me as it added nothing new. Natal potential is amazing if used. Problem is it has to get used not just tacked on or have mini games. There is room for that stuff but I want to see a game really make use of it. We'll see I suppose. They also had a solid lineup of games. Glad to see MGS make it's way to the 360. However I am used to MGS on the PS so not sure.

Sony did very well. I think of it more as a tie though the natal kind of awed me. Sony with their dual remote kinda doesn't impress me.

News comment 2 | User comment 1159 | 12:36 - 5th, Jun 2009

GoW, LBP Racing and all the rest were great. I am not sold on PSP Go and going all digital. It has more memory but smaller screen, no UMD and more expensive. I think considering the economy it's a bit of a step back rather then a step forward to enticing customers. They are making the PSN more robust now which I think was critical for them as being an all around entertainment system.

Alan Wake is rocking my socks, FF14 was nice but hope they do it right, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories also a must get game.

News comment 3 | User comment 4954 | 12:40 - 5th, Jun 2009

some interesting info about new super mario bros wii

no online multiplayer (really? i mean come on...)
there's no waiting for players to catch up like you think, since it's coop/competitive at the same time and there are no lives from what i could tell, the person at the right side of the screen controls the progression to a certain degree. the camera will zoom out to a max angle, but if there's a player holding up the game by sticking to the left side, they die when they are moved outside the camera, think of it like smash bros, you can move off stage to a certain distance but you will eventually die.

new 'suits'. i saw a penguin ice flower type suit and theres the propeller suit (retarded...)
why don't they bring back the good suits from mario 3? even the cape is better than the prop.

metroid looks great. i'm hoping they don't sex it up as well, though it would add a more mature(yet childish) side to the game. i'm curious on how the gameplay will actually pan out.

MS' MGS is not mgs 4, it's an entirely new mgs. so i wonder if it will ever actually see light on a 360. maybe in a couple of years we'll see some kind of thing like mgs2 for the xbox or mgs for the GC.

Curt Curt
News comment 4 | User comment 281 | 12:44 - 5th, Jun 2009

But it's Sony! More expensive stuff is what we want, right? Right? Guys? Hello?

RIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRR!!!

Personally, I think MS won this thing. Sony's motion sensing stick is neat and all, but it's not as impressive as Natal (if it works as advertised). Apparently everyone who did a hands on with Natal came away impressed, so it can't all be smoke and mirrors. Of course, motion controls already make me feel ridiculous when playing games, so Natal will make me die of embarrassment, I'm sure.

I think that the impressive bit of E3 this year wasn't the console manufacturers, but all the third party games on the floor. There's a ton of stuff that's piqued my interest. The only downside being that the majority of it is only going to be released next year.

News comment 5 | User comment 4954 | 12:46 - 5th, Jun 2009

natal intrigues me. i've read some things from kotaku about it, basically you can turn anything into a controller/controlling device.
peripheral companies like mad catz won't be happy.

sony's show, i dunno. the motion controller looks basic. and how many people actually own an eyetoy already?
the LBP racing looked great and i think it'll give mario kart a run for it's money, that's for sure.
god of war is still meh. but i've never been uch for the devil may cry style of gameplay.

is ff14 going to be an mmorpg? it looks like thats how they're pushing it.

News comment 6 | User comment 4954 | 12:47 - 5th, Jun 2009

thats another thing about nintendo's show, they were relying on 3rd party and saying it's looking great, but barely showed anything, and what they did show wasn't anything new.

News comment 7 | User comment 1159 | 12:51 - 5th, Jun 2009

Well I have all the MGS games so far and could care less about ports. I am just glad the series is more multi platform. Financially it just makes sense to do this.

Oh Castlevania!! That looks amazing.

Sony's motion sensing looks awkward. I think Natal is more profound as it looks like an advancement to another level of playing. Nintendo showed us we can be more interesting but people want more then waving a wand. Natal seem to be that next step. I just want my goddamn holodecks!!

News comment 8 | User comment 1159 | 12:55 - 5th, Jun 2009

Yeah FF14 will be another foray into mmo territory. I just want to know a sheep will not kill me at level 1 and that I NEED to group to even play this game. Hopefully WoW and others will have a small influence on them in regards to ease of play. MMO wise, I am looking forward to Star Trek. I want to go to strange new worlds, force my values on them and have sex with their women before moving on.

I don't think MS is worried about madcatz. I just want to see how Natal will be used. I would have preferred if they had a game (action, horror, whatever) that had a level to use with Natal.

Curt Curt
News comment 9 | User comment 281 | 14:27 - 5th, Jun 2009

Apparently for the hands on demonstrations for Natal, they had Burnout: Paradise set up so you could play it. Use your feet as gas and brake, move your arms like you're steering and shift to activate boost. It sounds really cool.

As for God of War, I'm not a big fan of Devil May Cry either, but the GoW series is one of the best I've ever played and I can't wait for the next game. Some of the games in that genre can really blow, but some are a ton of fun. Speaking of which, the gameplay for Edge of Twilight looks seriously awesome, and I agree with Carl: Castlevania has me all excited for that too.

Curt Curt
News comment 10 | User comment 281 | 14:28 - 5th, Jun 2009

And I'm a little bummed that the MGS that the 360 gets is centered around Raiden. I don't mind that it's a totally new game with different gameplay... but Raiden? For serious? He's cooler in MGS4 than he was in MGS2, but come on!

News comment 11 | User comment 4954 | 14:43 - 5th, Jun 2009

raiden was a whinny little bitch...

News comment 12 | User comment 1159 | 22:29 - 6th, Jun 2009

Yeah in MGS2 he was a whiner but then again he was more or less a green rookie. So he never knew the hardships, betrayal and loss on the battlefield. He seem's to be much more hardened in MGS4 and I daresay he would be deserving of a game. You kind of see him grow and this will be probably filled with backstory.