Are we sure ninetendo wasn't secretly behind it.. I believe in conspiracies.

your 360 scratched discs? MS says it's your fault

at 23:34 - 12th, January 2009

from germany, as you can probably imagine. no need for sound as everything is in german and has sub titles. i know the 360 has scratching issues, and i know it only happens when the machine tips over, but you'd think microsoft would fix the issue, especially since they're releasing new units (jasper).

News comment 1 | User comment 1159 | 15:36 - 13th, Jan 2009

Solution and this is an easy one. Do not put your 360 anywhere where you will tip it. I have had it verticle and never had a problem. If you knock it down you pay for your carelessness.

News comment 2 | User comment 4968 | 15:40 - 13th, Jan 2009

but this is more neglect on microsoft's part than not making a console that can take a beating.

News comment 3 | User comment 1159 | 15:49 - 13th, Jan 2009

Dude your console is not supposed to take a beating. It's like saying I tipped my PC over and whoops and internal component is fucked. Most people should have a TV unit where everything is kept safe.

The only thing you can blame stupid people for is being stupid. Think of it like people who do not use the strap on the wii mote and wreck their plasma tv's. Is it Nintendo's fault? No they told you to use the strap. Microsoft says not to shake your fucking machine while you play. Same thing

News comment 4 | User comment 4968 | 15:58 - 13th, Jan 2009

not at all, accidents happen, especially with kids. and when you're buying a $300 machine for your kid and the kid likes it standing up because it looks prettier or even just pulls it off the tv stand without it falling sideways and kills a game, there's a problem with design. stupid people or not.

News comment 5 | User comment 1159 | 17:25 - 13th, Jan 2009

Ok I think your being slightly ignorant on this. ANY console can get yanked off a shelf. I am sure if I yank even the Wii and it smacks good enough that I can damage it. It is still not the responsibility of the vendor for careless use. If you have a child it requires monitoring. It has nothing to do with design. Remember all consoles are pretty much box shaped. The Wii can be verticle or horizaontal. So it has nothing to do with design.

Again a console is an expensive piece of high tech. Educating your children and taking care of it's safety relies on you. If your kids are yanking a system that relies on wireless controllers then please beat them for their stupidity.

So let me reiterate that the safety of your game and system relies on you.

News comment 6 | User comment 1159 | 17:26 - 13th, Jan 2009

When you start blaming companies for your ignorant use of your purchased equipment may I then direct you to the states where people love to make everyone else accountable for how their problems without accepting responsibility

News comment 7 | User comment 4968 | 18:11 - 13th, Jan 2009

your missing the point, the console is fine after the fall it's the games that get ruined (well maybe not the 360).

and i bet you if you dropped your nintendo wiibreak or damage the games. nintendo consoles have a very high tolerance for pain.
gamecube used to get smacked around, still works to this day. n64 got smacked around and still works to this day. hell i was babysitting this kid in st kitts who was playing his n64, it was pulled off a chest of drawers 6 drawers tall hit the tiled floor and still worked, hell the game he was playing didn't even crash.

the video shows that the 360 doesn't have pads on the optical drive like every other drive on the market, pc or console. the pads stop the disc from scratching if this exact thing ever happens.

News comment 8 | User comment 1159 | 13:38 - 15th, Jan 2009

Ok dude. When someone tells you not to do something stupid, you don't do it. When Microsoft tells you not to displace a system while in operation you don't do it. You can whine and bitch and come up with hypothetical circumstances to tell me how discs get scratched when you move the console. Again they tell you not to move the system while in operation. Honestly thats just common sense.

Why you insists stupid actions are MS reponsibility I have no idea. Should they have put pads, yeah but when they tell you to be careful you do what they tell you.

If on the Timmies cup it says hot you don't run back to them bitching it's that it was hot. They told you so. Just like the Wii straps and just like every other bad thing on the planet your told not to do.

News comment 9 | User comment 1159 | 13:39 - 15th, Jan 2009

The percentage of users who have had this is minimal and the ones accounted for are the stupid ones that move it or people who are unlucky enough to have an accident.

News comment 10 | User comment 4968 | 13:43 - 15th, Jan 2009

but the thing i don't understand and the thing people are bitching about is the fact that microsoft might say don't move the thing while it's on, but when there's an accident and something breaks or scratches they refuse to deal with the situation. especially since it could of been fixed and is not a problem on every other device with a cd drive on the entire plant.
this is called gross neglect.

News comment 11 | User comment 1159 | 13:49 - 15th, Jan 2009

Well is it neglect. I sell you a product. I tell you that it scratches when you move it. So you go ahead and put it in a careless spot or move it while playing. It scratches so you call me up. I tell you that I told you there is a potential. Did you listen to me? No? The you neglected to listen. I could give a rats ass if I am the only person without pads because I took the option of presenting things my way and you bought it with full understanding when you read manuals, hear reports and hear from reps that I told you not to do this.

News comment 12 | User comment 4968 | 13:56 - 15th, Jan 2009

ok granted sounds a little less like neglect, but at the same time this means that you made the system from the get go knowing that the machine doesn't have these tiny but necessary pads to protect discs since every machine has them by default.

there's something wrong with the view that this could be considered kosher

News comment 13 | User comment 1159 | 14:00 - 15th, Jan 2009

Well it could have been avoided but literrally millions have no problem with their cd scratching at all. I think it's a grey area that actually can get away with it.

News comment 14 | User comment 4968 | 14:08 - 15th, Jan 2009

my big problem is they know about it, know how to fix it and when they get the chance with jasper, they don't do it.

you know johnny did it intentionally to a game to return it?

News comment 15 | User comment 1159 | 14:10 - 15th, Jan 2009

Well I rest my case on stupid people ;)

News comment 16 | User comment 4968 | 14:13 - 15th, Jan 2009