yeah .. but look at the powerbook 12" the thing is >4 years old and it *still* has a better video card than what's on the MB Air I'm seriously considering downgrading my MBP to a 12" powerbook, because I'm sick of luggin

Man of Steel

at 7:23 - 17th, June 2013
Andy mentioned he didn't like Superman. I thought we'd make a post about it so anyone who hasn't seen it didn't get confronted by spoilers.

Allah Ackbar!
All I have to say is allpraise be to Allah! I'm hoping to get my blessing sometime soon if...
Man of Steel Trailer

News comment 1 | User comment 1300 | 9:19 - 17th, Jun 2013

I really want to rewatch the originals though. also, the first remake (i remember it being not terrible)

News comment 2 | User comment 4883 | 10:01 - 17th, Jun 2013

But you can't say something was terrible without going into details.
I loved it. the back story was great, acting was good, the fights were intense and the special effects were special

I'm no fan of 3d (as you probably know by now) and saw it in plain 2d but really enjoyed it.

News comment 3 | User comment 1300 | 11:58 - 17th, Jun 2013

it was all in reverse-order.. like it started off as some wierd/wtf sci-fi movie, which could of been a separate movie entirely.i know they have to give the backstory, but it was too much. i kind of wanted to see the evolution of superman, but they only showed snippets of his childhood.

i know you're supposed to suspend belief for these kind of movies.. but this was just too much!

also.. ITS EVEN SHOWING UP ON THE RSS FEEDS!!!!! .. oh, did I ever facepalm

News comment 4 | User comment 4883 | 16:03 - 17th, Jun 2013

I laughed at that. Studios should have a department that does nothing but check terms and uses of certain words. They do it in star trek.
The writer writes the script and every time there's an issue with an electrical system or something specific with the ships they simply write (insert trekky talk here) and someone else goes and finds the appropriate word.

So you really wanted to see clark growing up then, and maybe have Zod as a smaller story? would of been interesting.

Personally, I loved the backstory. Thought they did a great job on it.

And I love how they made Zod evil by giving him a goatee hehe.

News comment 5 | User comment 1300 | 20:57 - 17th, Jun 2013

im getting all the old superman movies :D

News comment 6 | User comment 4883 | 21:05 - 17th, Jun 2013

nice, I have them here somewhere.

I watched one or two on TV while in Montreal, much cheesier than I remembered