Wow.. you guys make it sound better than sex....lol

Official Minecraft Post

at 14:03 - 15th, January 2012
Ok, here's the official Minecraft post for showing off what you're working on, have finished or general ideas or cool mods you like.

I'll start the thread with this: Tropical Mod

unfortunately it'll never happen because it's not part of bukkit so will not mix well.

What I'm working on right now is basically connecting my three or four places to spawn with a road way or rail system. For that not in the know, our server is pr0ph3t.jestservers.com. In the process I found this:
Minecraft Chasm on prophet\

I'm also using this:

It's the Wind Waker texture pack for minecraft!

Which can be downloaded here: Download link

I'll have more pictures later.

• Alex

Skycraft

News comment 1 | User comment 1030 | 9:28 - 16th, Jan 2012

Just admit it Alex, you're a sucker for anything related to Zelda. It is a nice texture pack, but not sure if i like that leaves are opaque, but the rest was nice.

News comment 2 | User comment 1030 | 9:30 - 16th, Jan 2012

What would be nice with the tropical theme, was if Notch put it in to the actual game. They really need to add more creatures.

News comment 3 | User comment 1267 | 10:15 - 16th, Jan 2012

love the cave

News comment 4 | User comment 4840 | 11:40 - 16th, Jan 2012

Notch doesn't make big decisions like new biomes anymore, it's now up to jeb
and yup, see what happened is i started playing skyward sword which made me want to play wind waker. I lost my wind waker disc so went on a mad hunt for one on ebay. almost bought one before christmas then found the one I had lost years ago in another zelda case. in the mean time though I found someone who had created a wind waker theme and have been happily playing that while waiting for vikie to play actual wind waker.

News comment 5 | User comment 4840 | 11:41 - 16th, Jan 2012

the cave is most excellent. I had found another giant chasm but with an open ceiling to the outside, so it was more of a canyon than chasm. set up shop down at the bottom and then died before i could make a bed. Still haven't found it :(

News comment 6 | User comment 1030 | 11:58 - 17th, Jan 2012

I think the big cave is because of of one of the mods on the server. Been reading up on them, made it much easier to get slimebals for sticky pistons. Apparently you can fish with dynamite and trade 2 stacks of fish for 16 slimeballs.

Yesterday i was using my mob grinder to get more dynamite, but one of the creepers glitched and blew up in the grinder. Now i have mobs all over that section of my base and had to wall it off. Hopefully it won't be too hard to fix.

News comment 7 | User comment 1267 | 12:13 - 17th, Jan 2012

i have my minecraft in pirate speak now :D

News comment 8 | User comment 4840 | 14:15 - 17th, Jan 2012

how'd you do that?

News comment 9 | User comment 1030 | 16:42 - 17th, Jan 2012

It's part of the 1.1 update, but you won't be able to connect to the server untill it gets updated if you update the client.

News comment 10 | User comment 4840 | 17:49 - 17th, Jan 2012

going to be a while because of all the plugins. I've been trying to find something interesting but just can't see anything that makes me go ooo...

What I'd really like is a new biome.

News comment 11 | User comment 4840 | 21:24 - 19th, Jan 2012

Ask and ye shall receive.

Minecraft jungles

Introducing Minecraft jungles. It's not exactly what i was hoping for as a new biome, but i guess it will depend on what they do with the new biome. Maybe some tree villages or something? new animals like monkeys, or some kind of predatory cat?

I think it would be better having a mountain biome. imagine going mountain climbing with a group of people. To make it difficult they could increase the rate of hunger or give you an air supply and limit the backpack.

News comment 12 | User comment 1030 | 12:52 - 20th, Jan 2012

They would have to increase the upper block limits for it to make a difference to what's generated now. Which would be awesome, i'd love to be able to build much higher, Once made a large tower, but it looked stubby at only 64 blocks high.

News comment 13 | User comment 1267 | 14:03 - 20th, Jan 2012

so they did reduce the upper block limit.. we used to be able to build stuff above clouds, and they shrunk it.. i wonder why

News comment 14 | User comment 4840 | 14:05 - 20th, Jan 2012

because if you want to build in the sky they have an entire realm there for that now.

News comment 15 | User comment 1267 | 14:06 - 20th, Jan 2012

what the derp? where?

News comment 16 | User comment 4840 | 21:59 - 20th, Jan 2012

The end. during the beta it was called the sky dimension.

News comment 17 | User comment 1030 | 0:22 - 21st, Jan 2012

News comment 18 | User comment 4840 | 8:09 - 21st, Jan 2012

what js?

News comment 19 | User comment 1030 | 1:01 - 23rd, Jan 2012

They didn't lower the max building height, they raised the cloud level. The cap is still 64 blocks above sea level. I personally found it really annoying when clouds would go though your building. It really lowered the viewing distance.

News comment 20 | User comment 4840 | 7:29 - 23rd, Jan 2012

made it a little more realistic though, would be cool to see towers of clouds too...

News comment 21 | User comment 4840 | 20:10 - 23rd, Jan 2012

This is TigerShepherd's new home he built on the edge of an ice biome.

TigerShepherd's new home

News comment 22 | User comment 4840 | 12:19 - 6th, Feb 2012

This is awesome

It's a map program Dennis incorporated into the server. It's all real time too, though i have seen some delays when altering the terrain. I even had to reload the page to show a new road I had just built. It is absolutely fantastic.

Minecraft map tool

bottom right is one of my small villas I've built with andre. The road "north" leads to a npc village we've dubbed Kersinville and "west" goes back to my viking long house with mine and then to spawn.

News comment 23 | User comment 1267 | 12:52 - 6th, Feb 2012

these map things are pretty cool.. ran one on mine and was pretty impressed with it!

News comment 24 | User comment 4840 | 14:08 - 6th, Feb 2012

dude, you should seriously think about coming back. the server is great, and as you saw there's plenty of space to do you're own thing without having to deal with Dennis, though he doesn't seem to be nearly as bad as he used to be since he isn't coding 90% of the time now and switched over to actually playing the game.

News comment 25 | User comment 1267 | 14:47 - 6th, Feb 2012

nah, I have an awesome server, have 5-6 friends playing on a regular basis.. love our map

plus no house of rules! or whatever bs

News comment 26 | User comment 4840 | 11:01 - 9th, Feb 2012

this is awesome. i think my next project is going t be to build a ghost town/ruins

News comment 27 | User comment 4840 | 15:38 - 13th, Feb 2012

found this the other day, super cool.

Found here: http://www.3ders.org/articles/20120102-minecraft-villageprinted-on-a-3d-printer.html

Laser Printed 3d Minecraft village

Laser Printed 3d Minecraft village

Laser Printed 3d Minecraft village

Laser Printed 3d Minecraft village

News comment 28 | User comment 1267 | 13:08 - 27th, Feb 2012

coming soon:
MAX_HIGHT = 256
also jungles and cats!!

News comment 29 | User comment 4840 | 6:44 - 28th, Feb 2012

I thought jungles and cats were already in it?

News comment 30 | User comment 1267 | 10:35 - 28th, Feb 2012

the new height is gonna be freaking awesome

News comment 31 | User comment 4840 | 20:38 - 28th, Feb 2012

i wonder what the hell is going on with the server. It just kind of disappeared, not even eric knows what's going on.

JS, did you hear anything about it?

News comment 32 | User comment 1267 | 10:59 - 1st, Mar 2012

1.2.2 is out

News comment 33 | User comment 4840 | 14:09 - 1st, Mar 2012

yea, but the bigger news is that bukkit is now officially part of the mojang team.

Tighter integration of plugins.

News comment 34 | User comment 1267 | 14:18 - 1st, Mar 2012

bah.. bukkit sucks

News comment 35 | User comment 1267 | 14:30 - 1st, Mar 2012

im happy with the game just as is

News comment 36 | User comment 4840 | 14:50 - 1st, Mar 2012

why does it suck? it adds a lot to the game.

I've been wanting to create a whole village from scratch with villagers, quests and all. Bukkit allows me to do that. I found it very complicated, but that's another argument.