not a bad \"review\" though i use the term lightly. as js mentioned it\'s more a \"what can it do, what does it come with\" kind of thing
- Alex on iShit

A Call to Arms

at 13:18 - 6th, October 2009
So this weekend we're booked as is pretty much everyone, but next weekend is a special event.

Saturday the 17th October is Harvey Day. I propose an expedition into the 'savage' hills on mount royal. I do not expect anyone to come, though i hope i will have people who are willing to have a small adventure despite all adversities we might encounter, be it bad weather or attacks from hobos.

this is a call to arms to help a man who can not help himself, it's a call to arms to fight for the little guy who is down and hurt, i cannot sit idly by and let a good man go without a fight.

here is the plan thus far. we meet up and have a hearty breakfast as we'll need the energy for our adventure. breakfast will be at 11 am, a meet up around my place is in order since it will be a kind of base camp in familiar territory with good/decent breakfast joints around my place.

at 12-12.30 we'll head to the hill. depending on the weather for that weekend we might need to think about proper clothing. we'll be taking the metro since we'll be walking through the park and not driving around it.

depending on the amount of people, we might split into groups to cover more ground, in such a case cell phones are required in case the hobos get a little uppity and we need reinforcements.

if no one wants to go, i'll be going alone then. i might even bring my pooch since it'll be a nice walk for him (which at that point we'll need to drive, so it'll be something to think about).

it's time for action, time to get up and fight the good fight. who's with me?!

• Alex

Alex and Vikie are coming back to Montreal on
Staying for 2 weeks. It's a working trip though as I'm mainly up for selling the car. T...
Weekend update
Ok, so now that the holidays are finally over, how about we get together for some weekend ...
UPDATED Lunch Friday 14 August
Who's up for another lunch this week at some point? i had a lot of fun last week and it'd...

Lunch 21 August
so vikie doesn't think she can make it again. since it took us so long to get her back to ...
Lunch during the week of Feb 15th *UPDATE*
Who wants to get together for lunch this week? i can do it any day as long as it's relati...

News comment 1 | User comment 1159 | 13:24 - 6th, Oct 2009

Kudos to you for taking this action Alex. I'm surprised this wasn't done sooner as I believe the current rumors of his whereabouts have been quite a few weeks old. At any rate though I will check to see if Marie has school (as in I am left to look after Lucas) and go from there. If it's clear then I will join you in the expedition.

News comment 2 | User comment 1159 | 13:30 - 6th, Oct 2009

If an organized little search is being done. Maybe John can have his sis post on the facebook that this is being done. So anyone wanting a walk in the park and potentially finding a missing person can join in

News comment 3 | User comment 1354 | 14:05 - 6th, Oct 2009

sign me up

News comment 4 | User comment 4946 | 14:38 - 6th, Oct 2009

thats a great idea carl

andy, glad to have you aboard

vikie vikie
News comment 5 | User comment 384 | 15:48 - 6th, Oct 2009

and what will you do if you find him? did you want to bring the pooch's cage?

News comment 6 | User comment 4946 | 16:15 - 6th, Oct 2009

if we find him we first take him for food then we get to a hospital to check him out, after that we get johnny to come (if he's not with us) or get the appropriate people to take care of him.

vikie vikie
News comment 7 | User comment 384 | 16:44 - 6th, Oct 2009

and some rope?

News comment 8 | User comment 4946 | 16:49 - 6th, Oct 2009

no, no need

if anything the trip will be to confirm he's alive
if i can get him to a dinner then that would be great, if we can get him to a hospital fan-freaking-tastic

but those are ideals that will probably not come true.

no, right now i'm aiming to find the man

Deb Deb
News comment 9 | User comment 352 | 18:14 - 6th, Oct 2009

Cool so as great as this all is. I've been in weekly contact with the Montreal police and the department responsible for Harvey's recovery. I have also been in touch with three undercover drug agents whose territory is the mountain. I have circulated photos at all hospitals and we have talked to local security for the town of mount royal. I also have weekly updates at from social workers at three hospitals and the downtown clsc.
If Harvey surfaces I will be notified. I have people who are on the inside of the mountain culture who are doing their best to help us without arousing suspicion. We were also reminded that under no circumstances can we force Harvey into treatment until after a court rules on his sanity. Which they have informed us they will not do until after a consult. They also made a good point that if he's there and we spook him without all the necessary paper work in order he will flee the mountain. There is a very fine line of legalities here.
Another point is as soon as Harvey is treated he will be transported for sentencing as he has been found guilty of several offenses and having fled he faces a slue of new charges apparently.

Deb Deb
News comment 10 | User comment 352 | 18:36 - 6th, Oct 2009

All that to say that if you are going to run off and stir up the hornets nest and spook him ( if it is him) then make sure you have a good plan of what to do after. We have worked very hard to put a net out there to bring him in safely andlegally

Do you think that we are so callous that we would leave a sick old man out there and not do everything we can? Do you not think we haven't wanted to search every inch of the mountain? All it takes is one bum to let Harvey know we are looking for him and he could flee. From history we know he suffers from massive paranoia problems. How well do you think he's going to take to search parties.

If Harvey has had a paranoid or schizophrenic break he is not going to go with anyone. Vickie's right.. are you going to tie him up and drag him? Do you have a plan? If he doesn't want to go??? What happens if you spoke him and then we have no leads to follow? What then? If you think these are frustrating questions.... they are.... That's our reality at the moment.. It's the same issues we've been facing since his decline. The law is on his side.... until they catch him.

News comment 11 | User comment 1159 | 23:52 - 6th, Oct 2009

Very passionate post Deb. It's definitely a sensitive subject and personally glad to hear all the actions being taken and the courage on speaking about it. Alex, I do recommend in light of the information probably most were not aware of to keep the cool rather then the oft chance of escalating something. I don't think it's a case of people thinking or insinuating others were callous. Obviously people care since I believe most of us consider each other and their respective families as our own but I doubt anyone was particularly aware of the full scope of the situation hence the call to arms Alex was making which would generally be a very noble idea if not for the circumstances involved.

News comment 12 | User comment 376 | 8:57 - 7th, Oct 2009

Well said Carl, and I agree. I was actually trying to get this information across on the weekend but apparently did a poor job of it, hence this confusion. Deb can be a little touchy on the subject simply because she has done so much for us about it. I'm always so grateful for Deb's helpfulness and her vast connections that allow for this kind of net to be cast out for finding any info on my dad.

I also appreciate what Alex is trying to do, and I know it is done with the best of intentions, but as we can see, sometimes charging in head-first is not always best.

News comment 13 | User comment 1159 | 9:09 - 7th, Oct 2009

Yeah it seemed like a big misunderstanding as I don't think Alex had any idea of any of it. So I think either he passed out during said conversation or you stopped talking lol Either way the points were made.

Though John I do suggest you pop on every now and then (more often) to update people on yourself or said situation as essentially you have been a ghost for pretty much a few months on either site.

I also recommend you or your sister update the facebook group with all the information you do have even though it's rumor in the chance that one of the people on there see him and tries to act on it.

News comment 14 | User comment 4946 | 9:26 - 7th, Oct 2009

oh johnny... the only thing we got out of this weekend about harvey was you saying you'd thought he'd be happier if he was left alone on the hill to be free. there was never any mention about anything deb had done. for me, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

my plan is still on, though. i'll be heading up the hill to look around, but at this point it's more a stroll through the park than anything else. a reconnaissance mission if you will.

one thing that's been bothering me is why deb had to post, why didn't you yesterday?

vikie vikie
News comment 15 | User comment 384 | 11:20 - 7th, Oct 2009

Alex, I agree with you.

Having said that, I think that it is their call.

Trying to be a savior in other people business never brings good thing and you normally become an easy scapegoat when the shit hits the fan.

Do you want to be blamed when the shit hits the fan? You know it WILL happen.

Between you and me, I know I wouldn't let my it up to social services to find my crazy mom if she was wondering around like a homeless especially with winter around the corner.

If you still want to go, ill go with you.

News comment 16 | User comment 4946 | 11:26 - 7th, Oct 2009

a stroll in the parc, nothing wrong with that right? won't try to get him or even approach him, just going to see if we can find the fabled harvey of the hills

News comment 17 | User comment 1159 | 12:16 - 7th, Oct 2009

Agree with Vicky that they are pretty much deciding how they want to handle this and from what everything Deb explained it's being handled the way they want it to. Say for instance your noticed and potentially even recognized, considering the implication of the whole paranoia thing and he bolts then there goes what lead they have. It's just a hypothetical situation but still as Vicky said, you want to be the one if something bad happens. Considering the legal troubles apparently awaiting Harvey, best to play within the law and not provoke anything.

News comment 18 | User comment 4946 | 13:15 - 7th, Oct 2009

so then the general consensus is that we shouldn't go?

News comment 19 | User comment 1159 | 13:28 - 7th, Oct 2009

Well I think it's just common sense going from what Deb said. Obviously if roles were reversed you would do what I would do and thats what you proposed but they need to be careful apparently due to legal reasons behind a lot of stuff. So being respectful of that decision even if people don't agree is the way it should be...I did not mean for that to rhyme

Deb Deb
News comment 20 | User comment 352 | 16:38 - 7th, Oct 2009

I think a small 2-3 person group looking around wouldn't hurt but no photos or asking so word doesn't get back to Harvey. The reason not much wasn't said was a lot of info and help we are getting could cost people their jobs. Hence, the closed mouth until we had concrete stuff.

I apologize for the vehement response.. I saw a hunting party scouring the mountain lol.. Alex with a large fire stick, rope and pitch forks.. storming the mountain.. hehehehehe Quiet and discrete could work.

News comment 21 | User comment 4946 | 16:41 - 7th, Oct 2009

now that you have implanted the image of me with a pitch fork or torch galavanting up and down the hills of mount royal in my brain, i just may have to do it!

Deb Deb
News comment 22 | User comment 352 | 16:42 - 7th, Oct 2009

Sources have isolated information from medical files that could eliminate Harvey as the "person" from the hospital. I have to confirm a few details with Anne-Marie first.

Deb Deb