hehe, wouldn't that be awesome to write though? :D

Cooking Mama 2 Announced

at 10:50 - 15th, August 2007

For Wii and for DS

haha funny, the source of the post goes here
it's some kind of software company, but not the gaming one.

News comment 1 | User comment 4957 | 10:55 - 15th, Aug 2007

should be fun i would imagine

News comment 2 | User comment 1159 | 11:34 - 15th, Aug 2007

I still think it is retarded. It may be amusing but guess what, you hungry go cook a fucking egg and scream I levelled up Mommy! I cannot stand these stupid ass games.

I suppose you can argue it is aimed for children my philosophy is buy them a playset or show them basics in person like back in the day.

Nintendo yet again is soooo dissapointing. MP3 is looking good though and kinda SB but that is about it.

News comment 3 | User comment 4957 | 11:50 - 15th, Aug 2007

mario also looks great. but while the mama games are fun, it's not the type of thing i would buy. i mainly posted it for johnny since i knew he liked the last one.

oh, i've been reading up on raving rabbids 2, looks like fun, but they've changed the chemistry a bit.
first they're changing it so there are more games that are simultaneous multiplayer, something like 70% are this way now.

News comment 4 | User comment 4957 | 11:52 - 15th, Aug 2007

second they're changing it so there aren't as many, if any at all, stress games like the running, carrot juice bar and other games of the like.

good and bad, i mean part of the fun was those crazy ass games. but my arms and back will appreciate it.

i don't even think i'll rent this one, straight buy when it's released, just need the cash.

News comment 5 | User comment 1159 | 11:58 - 15th, Aug 2007

I do not mind Nintendo opening their base to a broader audience or being innovative but they are also loosing any sort of mature identity they had left. They were even quoted recently that all their games from now on will be focusing on it being easier for the user. I prefer my complicated games. Makes things too easy, people will fall into that habit and always expect. Hello current downfall of society.

News comment 6 | User comment 1159 | 11:59 - 15th, Aug 2007

Honestly I feel ripped off with the system. It does have fun party games but still few and far between. Hell even the PS3 is looking better now just because it has more games in the range of what I am looking for. If it was not for the fact I like collecting systems I would consider selling off my Wii

News comment 7 | User comment 4957 | 14:36 - 15th, Aug 2007

i still want to give it a little more time, but i'm a fan boy, and an oldskool gamer. so i'll be happy with my mario and zelda, the occasional third party game is nice. i do wish they would allow more M rated games or even AO games.

News comment 8 | User comment 1159 | 15:47 - 15th, Aug 2007

AO games have no business. Not really a game at that point. Manhunt for instance people can fight all they want about it but it is the most pointless game and really made for violent pervs. But then again Rockstar has limited design capabilities.

And people have been waiting since N64 for them to show what they got. They brought an innovative concept to the table and then nothing.

This generation is about the first parties making the impression.

News comment 9 | User comment 1159 | 15:51 - 15th, Aug 2007

So far Nintendo is wanting everyone else to do their job while they work on fisher price games and do PR saying look how cool this is!

Mario and Zelda, Metroid even are the only things they let fans have to make em happy and give them hope. But in essence it is still an overpriced emulation system. Yay I can play Kid Icarus which I have had on my pc circa 1995, wahoo!

To me until something changes in their market, the company is dead.

News comment 10 | User comment 1159 | 15:56 - 15th, Aug 2007

If Nintendo wants to keep the kiddy direction I say send mature titles to other consoles. You might think that would be insane and shoot themselves in the foot but it would only expand their market. Stop fooling people about what your company is about. Imagine a Multi platform Zelda. They could even do new mature IP and release it on other consoles. It all comes down to money.

Just that with things like project hammer, manhunt, etc gone they are showing

News comment 11 | User comment 1159 | 15:56 - 15th, Aug 2007

the depth they want to bring this system to.

News comment 12 | User comment 4957 | 13:08 - 16th, Aug 2007

but this is what nintendo does. i'd love to see what they're capable of when it comes to mature rated games.

but whats the problem with letting 2nd and 3rd party companies making mature games?

and aside from silicon knights the only other mature rated game i know that came from a 2nd party was rare (believe it or not) and it was conker's bad fur day, which nintendo also refused to publish.

'the more you know...'

News comment 13 | User comment 1159 | 16:06 - 16th, Aug 2007

Letting 3rd parties carry your system is pure lazyness. Might as well turn in the towel now. Look at their system now? Games are coming but what they get are toned down multi platform or fisher price games. It takes all kinds of games to succeed otherwise they become a niche market like Apple. Sure they will be innovating with their looks and functionality but at the end of the day who gives a shit about them.

News comment 14 | User comment 1159 | 16:17 - 16th, Aug 2007

Maybe Nintendo and Apple should team together. Combined they can make the best looking most useless product in all the universe. Miyamoto in a black turtleneck? Scary!

News comment 15 | User comment 4957 | 17:39 - 16th, Aug 2007

hehe, i think i've actually seen him in a black turtle neck.

anyway, i think that is a problem, too many ports and not enough 3rd party exclusives. it's like gamecube all over again.

but give it time, the main reason for this is because companies didn't know how the wii would do, so they sat back and waited. so now they're making the games but we won't see them for a while.

News comment 16 | User comment 4957 | 17:40 - 16th, Aug 2007

it will take off, games will come out, even exclusives, but if it will be in time is another story.

News comment 17 | User comment 1159 | 10:36 - 17th, Aug 2007

Exclusives from 3rd parties is pretty much a thing of the past. It has been all about putting one system over another for years but with how much game making costs these days companies are finding it more lucrative to just release on all platforms unless a company pays them so much as to compensate them for not selling on other systems which they just do not have the ability to do. But your falling back on your give them a chance concept.

News comment 18 | User comment 1159 | 10:51 - 17th, Aug 2007

People have been giving them a chance since N64. As a handheld maker nobody can compare. They have that down perfectly but console they are by far the worst in supporting it.

News comment 19 | User comment 4957 | 10:02 - 20th, Aug 2007

alright, how bout this?

what would it take for them to fix this problem?
in your opinion, what would it take for them to become number 1 again

News comment 20 | User comment 1159 | 10:26 - 20th, Aug 2007

Well they are number 1 lol Thing is they are focusing on the market they never had. Elderly and children. The grabbed all the market around teens and young adults.

Thing is they are a family company now which has been quoted before from Miyamoto. The mature games will be very few and far between and their mature games will be dumbed down to their vision of gaming should be easy.

I want a video game company to boldly release a game on another system.

News comment 21 | User comment 1159 | 10:29 - 20th, Aug 2007

Imagine a PS3 or 360 mature game with the Nintendo seal. To me that takes balls. It is not selling off their system short, just tapping a market their system is not geared towards or limited to. Imagine a metroid with even more awesome visual then the Wii could pump out and sans gimmick. To me thats cool and what would be a way to appease the Nintendo fans who just want a damn mature game.

News comment 22 | User comment 4957 | 12:21 - 20th, Aug 2007

i hope nintendo doesn't go the way of sega.
i despise the idea of having to purchase more than one console to get my favorite games from nintendo.

News comment 23 | User comment 1159 | 12:31 - 20th, Aug 2007

Yeah but they will not change and I doubt they will go under. Think of them like Apple. They fill a specific niche which is untapped by the other products. They will always be there unless another company comes in and steals their market. Thing is though you are stuck in a very limited niche and will miss out on all the other stuff.

News comment 24 | User comment 1159 | 12:35 - 20th, Aug 2007

Another way to look at it is do you really need a system to have you playing tennis, playing bowling, doing pushups, doing yoga? This is a video game market. I like playing those types of games but you cannot make your companies existence based on these. Next thing you know they will have Ron Jeremys Rock'em Sock'em Wack Off Adventure!

News comment 25 | User comment 4957 | 9:36 - 21st, Aug 2007

i kind of agree about exclusives being dead, but here's the thing.
Maybe this is nintendo's way of getting exclusivity back. sure you have ports of games, but the actual content is different, or the gameplay is a little different because of the remote.

i mean, this isn't something new, look at the 360's version of gta4, exclusive stories and download able content.

News comment 26 | User comment 4957 | 9:36 - 21st, Aug 2007

and the wack off adventure is already out, it's called call of duty 3. trust me. ;)

News comment 27 | User comment 1159 | 10:10 - 21st, Aug 2007

Yeah but the gimmick is only fun to a certain extent. I would get RE4 for Wii due to price and maybe graphical enhancements it may have. Aside from that running by waving the wii-mote is absolutely stupid. Zelda was done well, Red Steel could have been way better. If that is exclusive well then they can keep it.

News comment 28 | User comment 1159 | 10:11 - 21st, Aug 2007

As for GTA IV, Microsoft has a better online setup. PS3 is currently inventing how their online will work lol Nothing like promising a product and selling it only to develope for it after. I still want a PS3 just for FF and MGS series alone. Sad but I need to play them lol

News comment 29 | User comment 4957 | 13:11 - 21st, Aug 2007

square whore :P

News comment 30 | User comment 1159 | 9:34 - 22nd, Aug 2007

Not my fault they make usually the most deep games you will ever play. Some people like intelligent games ;)

News comment 31 | User comment 4957 | 9:59 - 22nd, Aug 2007

I still think it's too early to say that the wii is just going to have party games. I do think they'll have far too many of them, but that's to be expected. they're easy to make and anyone can play them.

News comment 32 | User comment 1159 | 10:10 - 22nd, Aug 2007

Thing is you have to make a broad range of games not make a majority of one type. They are just doing it cause the others do the same in focusing on one range of genres.

But party games for me do not cut it. They are fun but things like the game of Life, Bowling, Tennis, Golf. I would rather do that in real life. And if that is the only range they want to deal in then forget it. You cannot keep saying games are coming, games are coming

News comment 33 | User comment 1159 | 10:17 - 22nd, Aug 2007

Thing is games are not coming and the ones that are, are game of Life, Table Tennis. You have Metroid though. Mario is in between. SSBB now with Diddy Kong! This goes to show you they are desperate for new characters.

I try to be open this gen but honestly they give me no reason why especially with cancelling and dropping potentially good mature games on why I should stick with them. There is even a survey seeing if people will pay for download demos.

News comment 34 | User comment 1159 | 10:21 - 22nd, Aug 2007

Right there that is the demise of Nintendo and their dumbass strategy. And do not get me started on friend codes lol

They just keep making stupid decisions. What is worse is it is mostly the direction Miyamoto wants to go with it. He bases it all on his fucking family now. They want to play this, so Nintendo will do that now.

I could give a rats ass if his wife likes party games or his kid wants to play pokemon 2 million.

News comment 35 | User comment 1159 | 10:25 - 22nd, Aug 2007

I think if anything Sega should return to the console market. I think they are gearing towards it in one or two gens. I think right now they have been focusing on new IPs instead of relying on the much dead Sonic franchise. I think they have been watching what other companies do, seeing the technology they are using, finding something they can do and I think they will release a new console. Dreamcast 2 perhaps? Did you know 2 new Dreamcast games are..

News comment 36 | User comment 1159 | 10:26 - 22nd, Aug 2007

being released? Very cool. They just made a piss poor decision in going with the gd-roms instead of dvd.

News comment 37 | User comment 4957 | 11:32 - 22nd, Aug 2007

yea, i heard about the 2 new games for the dreamcast, but their just puzzle games, nothing spectacular.

and as for them coming back, i can see it, but the thing is we'll have 6 different versions of the same console and updates every 2 years...

News comment 38 | User comment 1159 | 11:35 - 22nd, Aug 2007

Dreamcast only had standard edition and Sports edition. Genesis had 3 editions based on regions but they were mainly cosmetic. Saturn I believe had 1. And 32x and Sega CD were add-ons so I do not see where you get 6 versions from. Considering the Wii is rumored to go through a upgrade as well.

News comment 39 | User comment 4957 | 11:35 - 22nd, Aug 2007

and as for friend codes, that should be a parents to activate or deactivate, it's a retarded idea that someone who doesn't need to worry about pedophiles would have to deal with friend codes

News comment 40 | User comment 1159 | 11:42 - 22nd, Aug 2007

Yeah it is retarded. It makes their online initiative a joke at best. Ah well. I think aside from a tv that end of year / early next year I will get a PS3 when it is more worth it as they have good things coming down the pipeline that is exclusive to them. Will also help them work out the kinks in their online service and help develop it more

News comment 41 | User comment 4957 | 15:13 - 22nd, Aug 2007

god, 40 comments. never thought it would hit that hi, and just between you and me carl, impressive.