lol, blizzard is too much. two americans versus an ASAIN!?

Comparison time: Dead Rising Wii vs 360

at 10:26 - 2nd, March 2009

not that the wii version is out we can finally have one of those side-by-side comparison videos!

News comment 1 | User comment 766 | 12:06 - 2nd, Mar 2009

HAHAHAHAHAHH!

!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...HAHAHAHAHAHHA...
hahaha
hehehehhe
....HAHAHAHAHHAHAH..

News comment 2 | User comment 4954 | 12:07 - 2nd, Mar 2009

it is kinda pitiful.

News comment 3 | User comment 766 | 12:10 - 2nd, Mar 2009

lol

"I dont have time to go on a joyride"

GHAHAHAHHAHA

News comment 4 | User comment 766 | 12:11 - 2nd, Mar 2009

or when he gets the katana and is "cutting" the zombies... and theres like this tiny little blud splurt and then their arms magically fall off and disappear

News comment 5 | User comment 766 | 12:11 - 2nd, Mar 2009

blood*

News comment 6 | User comment 4954 | 12:18 - 2nd, Mar 2009

i think i might just hold off on this one for a bit longer... not sure yet

News comment 7 | User comment 766 | 12:19 - 2nd, Mar 2009

its worse then the 360 version and thats saying something

News comment 8 | User comment 4954 | 12:48 - 2nd, Mar 2009

the ai could be better

Curt Curt
News comment 9 | User comment 281 | 14:11 - 2nd, Mar 2009

Just finished the 360 version on the weekend, so seeing the Wii version like this is just painful. One of the best parts of the game was grabbing the motorcycle/car/truck and driving through the parking garage underground full of zombies.

I agree with the comments on Kotaku: if they made the zombies actually do something in the Wii version, it might not be so bad, but their AI is built around the idea of them being an obstacle (ie: a sea of undead), not individuals.

The lawnmower bit cracked me up, too. In the 360, you mow zombies down, in the Wii version, you mow the lawn!

News comment 10 | User comment 766 | 14:29 - 2nd, Mar 2009

wow, how on earth could you stomach the entire 360 game?
its so shitty :(

the second one will prolly be spectacular

News comment 11 | User comment 4954 | 14:32 - 2nd, Mar 2009

is there any news about this coming out for pc at any point?

News comment 12 | User comment 766 | 14:48 - 2nd, Mar 2009

i dunno but i dont really care considering the amount of fail

Curt Curt
News comment 13 | User comment 281 | 15:34 - 2nd, Mar 2009

What was wrong with the 360 version in your opinion? I didn't really have any issues with it.

News comment 14 | User comment 766 | 16:06 - 2nd, Mar 2009

Four major issues:

-there is no quick way to aim... if i want to shoot a zombie in the head, i have to stop moving... start aiming... aim over his head and fire... takes way too long for a game where you are supposed to mow through thousands of the living dead

-you have to complete the major objective of the game otherwise game over. if i am supposed to be in section b at 4 o'clock on the first day and i am not there in time its game over... which stops you from playing in possibly the only cool way... survival mode... any zombie game where i cant hide in a corner with either a katana or a submachinegun and try to get my ass not chewed off for three days is not living up to its full potential

News comment 15 | User comment 766 | 16:13 - 2nd, Mar 2009

-cleatus will not fucking stop calling me. every 5 seconds that stupid black ass janitor is calling me and i have to pickup or else suffer the constant sound of *beep beep* for 4 minutes. not to mention that when you do pick up the fucking phone he rambles on for fucking half an hour about how there is an injured dog in the freaking park and i should go save its useless ass... oh and wait it gets better, if i get hit during his long ramble then he hangs up and begins calling again 2 seconds later only to start all over again instead of continueing where he left off.

last but not least:

-The A.I. of the survivors is possibly the worst A.I. i have ever seen in a video game. 9/10 times you go to save someone the first thing they will do is walk into a large group of zombies to greet them...

News comment 16 | User comment 766 | 16:14 - 2nd, Mar 2009

and then start bitching at you for not saving them.

News comment 17 | User comment 766 | 16:15 - 2nd, Mar 2009

i hope you enjoyed my "dead rising could have been fucking amazing but it is a miserable pile of fail due to only a handfull of mistakes by the devs" rant

News comment 18 | User comment 4954 | 16:20 - 2nd, Mar 2009

lol
hi! my name is jonah, i'm an accoun... AHHH!

News comment 19 | User comment 766 | 16:21 - 2nd, Mar 2009

exactly T_T

Curt Curt
News comment 20 | User comment 281 | 16:34 - 2nd, Mar 2009

Hehe, valid criticisms for sure. And they bothered me for sure, but I guess they weren't deal breakers for me. In some regard, I think I'm just happy to actually have a decent zombie game to play. Resident Evil doesn't really count, and I'm well aware of Left 4 Dead (and I love it), but there's very few games where you have to deal with hordes of zombies, so I'll take what I can get, really.

Totally agree with the criticisms, though. Although, the gun thing, while annoying, didn't really bother me as much cause even the humans you have to shoot don't actually move around much, and most of the time you use a melee weapon anyway.

News comment 21 | User comment 766 | 22:00 - 2nd, Mar 2009

left for dead kicks so much ass :)

News comment 22 | User comment 4954 | 15:51 - 7th, Mar 2009

i saw dead rising at toysrus today (picked up raving rabbids 2 for 20 bucks) and wanted to play it. so i think what i'll do is rent it for wii. see what it's like and decide then.

Deb Deb